Greetings Brethren of the Royal Secret!
The Portland Knights of St. Andrew cordially invites all Scottish Rite members to join us on Tuesday, August 21st for The Simpsons Night, a casual, fun filled evening where we will be screening five of our favorite Simpsons episodes. This is an informal, free event in our Ballroom and we will have beverages and snacks on hand for a $5 donation.
A little about the show… The Simpsons is an animated television sitcom created by Portland native Matt Groening. It is a satirical depiction of a middle class American lifestyle and lampoons American culture, society, and television, as well as many aspects of the human condition. The Simpsons debuted on December 17, 1989, and its thirtieth season will premiere on September 30, 2018.
The episodes we will be screening are….
• Homer the Great, wherein Homer joins an ancient secret society known as the Stonecutters. This episode is from Season 6 and features guest star Patrick Stewart as the voice of Number One.
• Lisa the Vegetarian, from Season 7 in which Lisa decides to stop eating meat after bonding with a lamb at a petting zoo. Although ridiculed for her beliefs, with the help of Apu and (guest stars) Paul and Linda McCartney, she commits to vegetarianism.
• You Only Move Twice, is from Season 8, with the episode title referencing the James Bond film You Only Live Twice. Many of the elements of the episode parody Bond films, and features guest star Albert Brooks as the voice of supervillain Hank Scorpio.
• Also from Season 8, The Mysterious Voyage of Homer sees Homer consume the dreaded Merciless Peppers of Quetzalacatenango at the Springfield Chili Cook-Off which sends him on a hallucinogenic spirit quest, where he meets the Space Coyote, voiced by guest star Johnny Cash.
• Homer to the Max, from Season 10 wherein Homer discovers that a new television show, Police Cops, has a hero also named Homer Simpson. He is initially delighted, but when the television character is rewritten from a hero to a bumbling idiot, he is mocked and taunted, so he changes his name to “Max Power” and makes new friends, including guest star Ed Begley, Jr.
We will gather at 6:30pm and begin the show at 7pm. We look forward to seeing you and having some great fellowship and fun!